United Nurses of Alberta made changes affecting a few of its locals during the union’s most recent Executive Board Meeting, Feb. 27 to March 1 in Edmonton.
Duespayers from three recently organized small worksites have been assigned locals or placed in a provincially administered unit, and some other small units have been assigned to other locals or units.
The changes are as follows:
- The unit representing duespayers of the Devonshire Care Centre in Edmonton, who are currently assigned to UNA Local 417, has been merged with Local 234, representing employees of the Hardisty Nursing Home.
- Duespayers of the Edmonton Chinatown Care Centre, currently part of Local 417, have been moved to the North Central District Provincially Administered Unit (PAU).
- Local 141, representing duespayers at the Consort Health Centre, has been merged with Local 69, representing duespayers at the Provost Health Centre. Local 69 will now represent RNs/RPNs at both the Consort Health Centre and Provost Health Centre.
- Duespayers at the recently organized Allen Gray Continuing Care Centre in Edmonton have been allocated to Local 219, which also represents duespayers at Millwoods Shepherd’s Care/Kensington Village.
- Duespayers at the recently organized Jasper Place Care Centre in Edmonton have been allocated to the North Central District PAU.
- Duespayers at the recently organized Foyer Lacombe bargaining unit in St. Albert have been allocated to Local 154, representing employees of the Youville Home (Gray Nuns) facility in St. Albert.