After months of negotiations, a first collective agreements has been ratified by members of United Nurses of Alberta Local 422 employed by the Extendicare Cedars Villa in Calgary.
UNA was proud to welcome members of this new local when they joined the union in May 2016.
Some of the features of the new agreement, which will expire on July 31, 2019, include:
- retroactive salary increases of 2% on August 1, 2014, 2.25% on August 1, 2015, and 3% on August 1, 2016
- night shift increase to $5.00, 90 days following the ratification of the agreement
- market condition lump sum payment of $875 each six months, effective January 1, 2018
- a reimbursement of $250 for CARNA or CRPNA professional fees effective for the 2017/2018 registration year.
- three personal leave days per year per employee.
- the portability of seniority.
- an increase in RRSP matching contributions to 7 per cent effective 90 days following the ratification of the agreement.
- an Equity provision similar to that included in other Extendicare agreements negotiated by UNA.
This was a challenging set of negotiations. UNA would like to thank the local bargaining team for their patience and determination.
UNA provides a wide range of services to its members. A key role is negotiating the excellent collective agreements that regulate salaries, benefits, schedules and working conditions of members. UNA also administers its agreements to resolve disputes, improve working conditions and protect nurses’ workplace rights.