How to submit a Paid Union Leave of Absence Request

How to fill out an LOA Request for Salary Continuance

Effective March 1, 2015, the UNA Provincial salary replacement rate was set at a members basic rate of pay. March 1 was the AHS implementation date for union leaves with pay. Employees under AHS will be paid by AHS at their basic of pay for union leaves. Benefits and pensions will remain intact.

The union or local will be invoiced for the basic rate of pay plus a 15% administration fee for the LOA taken. Those attending union functions on non LOA days such as district meetings or AGM will be paid by UNA at their basic rate of pay.

Expense claim forms must clearly identify actual LOA dates (inclusive of abutting shifts) so the union can ensure invoicing from the Employer is correct. The union and/or local with have to authorize the union Leave.

For those locals not covered under an agreement to allow union leave with pay the UNA replacement rate will be based on your basic rate of pay. Locals do have the authority to top up the basic rate of pay for members doing local work.

Basic Rate of Pay

When an Expense Claim is started, it will automatically start with the Member’s Basic Rate of Pay (as determined from the Employee List). The Member will be able to change this on a per line item basis and should add a reason as to why it was changed in the Instructions field (i.e. the Rate on the Employee List is incorrect).

Visit the UNA Find website to learn how to submit a Paid Union Leave of Absence Request.