Member Resources → Education
Any member who would like to become more active in UNA can get a head start through one of the UNA provincial education workshops. Run by UNA Educators, the full-day workshops provide a wealth of information and hands on experience with some of the practical skills.
The 2016 Workshops are set for all Districts. Please check the Events Calendar, and this webpage regularly as new workshops are frequently booked.
You must be a UNA member to attend UNA provincial workshops. Once you have a valid membership card, set up your UNANet account. The Events tab provides a way to register for workshops.
Members are expected to register in workshops closest to their residence.
Executive/Local Function (provincially-funded)
- How to Run a Local – Administration (open to new Local Executive members)
- How to Run a Local – Member Engagement (open to new Local Executive members)
- Treasurers’ Workshop (open to Local Executive members and District Reps)
- PRC workshop (open to PRC Committee members)
- OH&S Basic and Advanced workshops (open to OH&S Committee members)
- Grievance Workshop (open to Grievance Committee members)
- Unit/Office Rep Workshop (open to Unit/Office Representatives)
The Local President is ex officio on all committees.
Workplace Issues (provincially-funded)
- Dealing with Abuse (open to all UNA members)
- Know Your Rights (open to new UNA members)
On a request basis, UNA is also provides mini-workshops on other topics including Duty to Accommodate, Human Rights, Workers’ Compensation Board, and Contract Interpretation. Requests for mini-workshops should be made to UNA's Director of Labour Relations.
Funding includes salary replacement and meals. Mileage and accommodation will be provided as required for out-of-town participants. Direct billing for hotel rooms for UNA Workshops is not available. The member will be responsible for paying for their room and then be reimbursed as per UNA policy.
If you are attending the Dealing With Abuse workshop, Grievance workshop, the PRC workshop, the Know Your Rights workshop or the Unit/Office Rep workshop please bring your copy of the collective agreement with you.
Any Local executive Officer can now register members in workshops using the Events Option in the Local Admin tab of the UNA Data Management System.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org